Pale yellow, natural colour
- CAS number 8008 - 79 - 5
- Botanical source: Mentha spicata Var.
- Appearance ;Pale yellow, natural colour .
- Odour :Spicy odour
- Specific gravity at 25 / 25: 0.919 to 0.933
- Refractive index at 200 C: 1.4851 to 1.4899
- Optical rotation L: -50.to -60.100
- Solubility at 250 C : Soluble in 1 vol. of 80 % alcohol; hazy to turbid with more .
- Main constituent :Carvone 55 % to 80%
- Use ;Used in flavoring of chewing gums, tooth pastes, etc. In confectionery, perfumes, & cosmetics.
- Storage & stability: Keep in tightly closed container in a cool and dry place, protected from light. When stored for more than 12 months, quality should be checked before use